No announcement yet.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this and thought I'd introduce myself properly. I'm really excited about starting to grow my own and this seems like a great place for help and advice.

I've attached some before and after pictures form our garden of what we've done so far (still got to level and seed the new lawn, the worst bit!). The garden started off as very slopy, bumpy and overgrown with meadow grass (so hard to keep under control). We've stripped the nasty grass and built two beds for growing the veg and a nice little sun deck in the corner (it might not look level but it is spot on i assure you, it's the fence that's very uneven but we're going to try to disguise it).

I've started to sow some seeds and I just can't wait for the summer now. Fingers crossed.
    Attached Files
    Jane

Welcome to the vine Jane! Looking good so far, just in time for the planting season!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi And Welcome, Nice Beds
      ---) CARL (----
      ILFRACOMBE
      NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Thanks, I'd quite like to stain the beds can I use ordinary fence or garden furniture stains does anyone know?
        Jane

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Vine janekt. Nice piccies
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

hi and Im a newbie too

your beds look in great shape better than mine will have to post some pics soon.

Comment

that is looking REALLY good, well done you and happy growing. A warm welcome here too. You are in good company with lots of wonderful, inspirational souls who will answer any questions you may throw at them I myself am still learning but contribute what I can

Comment

hi Jane I'm also a newbie here I like how you've made your beds.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi Jane and welcome to the Vine.
                  I'm impressed with your efforts, and hope all grows well for you. As far as staining the wood, you need to be a bit careful and look out for something that wont harm the plants. Not sure exactly what, but other grapes have better advice.
                  Enjoy,

Comment

Hello Jane and welcome to the Vine. Your garden sounds and looks great - heres to the start of a good season!
                    ~
                    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hi Jane
                      Welcome to the vine.
                      I am also a newbie my first year of growing veg.
                      Good luck and best wishes for the coming season.

Tracy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X