No announcement yet.

My peppers are not shooting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As already said, peppers are slower than toms and I find chillies slower than sweet peppers which is why I sow my peppers / chillies in late January and don't sow most of my toms until mid March. Have found over the years toms get too big before I can put them out if I sow that early but peppers seem to do well and form lovely sturdy plants by growing on nice and slowly. They are also the only thing I put in the heated propogator these days as they like the heat, especially in the cold nights at the start of the year.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I got shoots the're multiplying
      Last edited by vanessa m; 29-03-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

This is developing into a particularly interesting thread for me because, as is often the case for me, my experience so far differs from everyone else's.

My peppers, planted at the same time as my toms, came up first. My chillies, which were sown a week later, are bigger than both the peppers and the toms. The peppers, though all sown at the same time, are three different sizes... you'd think they were sown a week apart from each other!
        Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Interesting for me too - two weeks and I've not a single tomato, pepper or chilli up. However I found today that the temp in the blowaway is ranging between 3-39 deg C - methinks I may have a case of 'extremes of temp' occurring!
          Proud member of the Nutters Club.
          Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X