Sick cabbage palm

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick cabbage palm

Hi. I could really do with some help please. I planted a cabbage palm six years ago and it has thrived from 5ft to about 10ft now. However over the last six weeks the tree has started to look like its dying.

All the leaves are turning brown the new growth us yellow at the tips and green closer to the stem and it really looks terrible. I have tried to remove as many if the dead leaves as possible but the new ones just keep dying. Does anyone know any tips to try and help it I don't want to loose the tree it gives great privacy in my garden.

I live in a coastal area and we have had really bad winters but it has always pulled through. I gave another one in my garden which is fine and my neighbours is ok as well. Really appreciate any help
    Thank you

Have a look at the stem and the roots for signs of rot

There may be grubs in the soil eating the roots, or something
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Had a good look and can not see any grubs or rot around the base at all. It just seems to be getting more dead like by the day even the new stems look ill

Comment

OK, can you put a photo on?
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi I am Dodinas Lay. I am from Pakistan. I really very happy to join this forum for disucssion. I found this forum very interesting and informative about discussed topics. I like it.
          Home Wood

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X