No announcement yet.

Mulch advice.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, which is why I said I suppose he's not going to tell me not to bother buying anything.

I know these people are there to run a business but I figured they were there to offer advice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin. View Post
      That's what the lad in the garden centre tells me to do to stop weeds and grass soaking up what the hedge needs to grow.
      That lad needs a different career
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin. View Post
        Aye, which is why I said I suppose he's not going to tell me not to bother buying anything.

I know these people are there to run a business but I figured they were there to offer advice too.
        No, and even if they were - you don't ever just listen to the man trying to sell you something. You do your own research...

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          That lad needs a different career
          Sounds as though he's doing a good job of the one he's got...............
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Well now that I've found you lot I should be able to tell him or the lad in the other local garden centre what I need instead of asking them what I need.

Comment

Now you're getting there Darwin Ask the questions on here, do some research in books and online, find the answers for yourself - then go and buy what you need. Chances are - you won't need to buy anything anyway.

Comment

Well now that I've found you lot I should be able to tell him or the lad in the other local garden centre what I need instead of asking them what I need.

Comment

I've put about 1 1/2 inches of fresh grass cuttings on my second early potatoes to hill them up, but its already quite hot and steamy. I'm a bit worried its going to cook the potatoes - is this likely ? should I take it off? don't want to loose my first ever crop

Comment

If its steaming it is probably deeper than you think! It should dry quickly on this sun. Spread it out thinner

Comment

daily watering of second early potatoes???

yes, I thinned the grass clippings a bit and its dried out in the sun and is nice and cool underneath now. thank you. Should I be watering them once a day in these conditions? its hot in Gloucestershire. again, I don't want to rot them from overwatering. thanks for helping a new boy, making these big decisions is quite nerve wracking

Comment

A garden centre person once told me not to buy their cloches but to make my own. She told me to buy hoops from the plumbers and come back and buy covers from her. I have been back to her as I trust her advice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X