Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making one's own soil amendements? (bonemeal, fishmeal, MgSO4, FeSO4 etc)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dim View Post
    if it's tea, it's not used as a mulch
    Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I use seaweed tea, and I also use seaweed as a mulch, just rinsed and dropped straight on the soil
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Just a question are we gardening of running a laboratory. Try some horse poo it works wonders.

Potty
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
        Just a question are we gardening of running a laboratory. Try some horse poo it works wonders.

Potty
        depends what medicines were given to the horse .... a few years ago, horse manure was banned from some allotments ....

it also depends on what the horse has been grazing on .... if he has been eating in the meadow where weedkiller was used, it may be in his poo

so, bottom line, I am not a great fan of horse manure .... it also has zillions of weeds

I prefer paying £8 for a 10kg bag of worm poo (vermicompost) .... or £18 for a big bucket of imported bat guano (a little goes a long way) ....

and if you are skint, find your nearest recycle centre .... here in Cambridge, we get as much soil conditioner as we want for free (the compost made from green/brown bins) .... it's ok to improve the soil

Comment

Originally posted by JustPotteringAbout View Post
          I hate to spend good money on ameliorants for more specific remediation that may have a terrible eco-footprint and having been mined, fired, heavily processed and shipped - maybe even flown - halfway around the world.
          Originally posted by dim View Post
          I prefer paying £8 for a 10kg bag of worm poo (vermicompost) .... or £18 for a big bucket of imported bat guano (a little goes a long way) ....
          We all have different priorities and what is acceptable to one is not to another.........just saying

Comment

Sorry should have said 'bull poo' it fits better.

Potty
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              We all have different priorities and what is acceptable to one is not to another.........just saying
              I agree fully .... thats why everyone should keep an 'open mind', listen to what everyone has to say, then research before making decisions

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X