• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
    When they look big enough to eat
    Oh god, this is going to take some self control then lol

Comment

You don't need selfcontrol - just eat them when you want to and keep on sowing more

Comment

Originally posted by Rosee View Post
        These are the ones I've just put in tony, I've gone with deep containers as I don't have the ground space at the minute (hopefully that'll change by next year!)

It's the first time I've ever done spring onions, what's the tell tale sign that they're ready to harvest?

I agree with tubspotsdustbins on this, I also grow mine to the thickness of a pencil, that way they are tender, tasty & sweet.

If I have to thin them out, I use the small thin seedlings as chives! I grow mine both directly in the soil, and in two largish round tubs as well. they really dont take up that much space, & the results are well worth it. - good luck

Comment

I've just bought 3 strips of spring onions for 20p each in Homebase, and 2 of leeks and one of onions. At that price, I couldn't walk away!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosee View Post
            what's the tell tale sign that they're ready to harvest?
            when they look like the ones you buy in the shops (but without the barcode)

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            keep on sowing more
            Don't pull them up, slice them off at soil level. They'll regrow
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X