Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a seed disc / strip

Hello all

I have had a bit of trouble with spacing this year, I have loads of space in some areas but other areas are overcrowded... Mainly due to not fully being able to reach areas and so really just throwing the seeds in vain hope...

What I was thinking of, for next year obviously, was to create seed strips that I can lay down in the soil...

I had seen an idea many years ago about fixing the seeds onto kitchen towel and then planting the entire thing down into the ground. I am going to do long but thin strips of kitchen towel that will stretch across the width of the beds but what I want to know is...

How do I fix the seeds to the kitchen towel?
    What seeds won't this work with?
    And
    How far in advance can I make these?

Any help or advice on this would be great

Vix
    The Weeds are Winning...

Sleep just let me Sleep...

if you wet the kitchen roll they should stick, breadcrumbs do but then you would have to put them straight in the ground.
    x Tinabalerina x

When the work is done and the garden is fine, the fun will flow as will the wine - Me!

Comment

Here ya go!! How To Make Seed Tape - YouTube

Comment

I wet the tape, fold it and pop it into a sandwich bag with water and as soon as I see action; I take it out, unfold and place it directly on the soil and then cover with compost.

Comment

VC - thank you for that link it was exactly what I was looking for...
          I assume now then that I can buy the seeds when they go on sale and start making my tapes and store them ready for next year... Yay

Vix
          The Weeds are Winning...

Sleep just let me Sleep...

Comment

That's brilliant! - Yup! the winter nights will be whiled away by me annoying everyone with toilet rolls all over the floor and seeds all over Happy Days
            You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X