Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New greenhouse owner - advice needed on what to do!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your base works so that's all that matters and anyway you could use mastic to fill in any gaps like we did on my GH.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

The wood chip floor is several inches deep at one end, so that has plugged the big gaps, but the rest is just extra bespoke ventilation!

Comment

Hmmmm * sucks in air through clenched teeth*

Mighty fine job there! Clay to plug later in year when you want to keep colder air out. Advantage on wooden base like that is it cuts down on condensation

You've also done a fine job on cobbling the two together.

GYO'ers are a different sort mate. We loves recycling and giving things a new lease and purpose all round well done you
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Great job on the gh, but the plants are looking a bit sweaty & steamy in there. Open them thar loovers
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 21-06-2013, 06:30 PM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            Great job on the gh, but the plants are looking a bit sweaty & steamy in there. Open them thar loovers
            OK, so what is the gen with the louvers? Are they always open, open by day/closed at night? And while I'm about it, what about the top windows? Do you co-ordinate them with the louvers? Are the auto openers worth £25 from eBay?

Comment

Definitely open windows and louvres during the day unless it's really cold.

Comment

I think the autovents are worth the money if you are not around to open and close windows. I bought a new one last week from my local garden centre for £24 for my new secondhand greenhouse. They are easy to fit and if I'm not at the allotment early on a hot day at least the plants don't fry.

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                  I think the autovents are worth the money if you are not around to open and close windows. I bought a new one last week from my local garden centre for £24 for my new secondhand greenhouse. They are easy to fit and if I'm not at the allotment early on a hot day at least the plants don't fry.
                  I fitted mine 2 weeks ago, on a hot day my greenhouse can get 20+ at about 6am but I don't get a chance to get there much before 9.30 awesome piece of kit and you also benifit on cold days they just stay shut I would never be without mine now
                  In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy T View Post
                    OK, so what is the gen with the louvers? Are they always open, open by day/closed at night? And while I'm about it, what about the top windows? Do you co-ordinate them with the louvers? Are the auto openers worth £25 from eBay?
                    Timmy here's a couple of thread about auto openers :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...use_71846.html

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ype_72156.html
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I have an auto opener on the louvre windows as well as one of the top lights.

Comment

Oh dear, this has started to get technical!

Is there an optimum temp to achieve, or will something in the ball park do?

Comment

My vents are adjustable by turning the black handle clockwise or anti clockwise
                          In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Previous thread on greenhouse temperatures here http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...res_33342.html Have a read

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X