Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato problems

Sorry.... here I go again!

I woke up this morning to blazing sunshine and the window ledge where all my toms are was reallllly hot. They were all wilting and looking very unhappy. I watered them as that seemed to make sense and moved the worst affected away from the sun.

They are looking better tonight but still not their sturdy selves.

Should I water again or back off and let them recover a bit?

Also... I have a Roma plant that is now about 80cms high and flowering. Some of the flowers have started to open but then just dried up. Should i be dabbing them with a cotton bud/paintbrush before they dry up? I don't think they actually opened properly to do that. It is only one wee truss that has done that so far the rest are stil tightly closed.

If you can shed any light I would be grateful!

C

Hello Noidea, if your tomatoes are dry, water them, if not, an extra watering won't do any good. I put my outdoor varieties outside today as i think they will be fine now.

If your Roma is standing in the sun with the flowers on they will dry up and fall off. Can you move them back from direct sunlight in the warmest part of the day. And it will help them to set if you mist them over with water. Good luck.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks Alice!

C

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X