Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Managed to acquire lots of wood - apart from raised beds,ideas what I can do with it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 6 years ago a ship full of swedish timber sunk just off Torbay, the whole lot was washed up just down the road from me. There were traffic jams as people loaded their vehicles up for days. I managed to get some but i am kicking myself that i didn't get more.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I think I will try it all except for the seat - I will find out how good I am at making things pretty soon!

Comment

Just a thought, if the wood you have is old oak then you may need to pre drill the holes for you screws, it can go as hard as steel with age. If you havent got a cordless drill/screw driver then borrow one it make the job so much easier.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel1988 View Post
          I think I will try it all except for the seat - I will find out how good I am at making things pretty soon!
          Ok then, a bench?
          DottyR

Comment

This is another project for your wood,cover with poly or netting,this one is 8ft x 12ft,
            Attached Files
            Last edited by lottie dolly; 20-01-2014, 04:42 PM.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

You could make a goalpost arrangement over the beds running the length of them to allow either poly or netting to be easily fixed.

Or you could make a massive bean frame.

If you have any areas of poor drainage on your plot, you could use some as a drainage channel liner.

If you discover you are fairly handy, a potting bench is not so difficult to make for your shed.
              Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X