Am I to late

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I to late

All my courgettes and most of my sweetcorn died, I didn't get round to planting any more seeds. Am I to late now? If not should I sow them straight in the ground or in a propagator to get them growing fast.
    Belgrave-allotments.co.uk

Hi PP - have checked in one of my books and you can still sow sweetcorn - sow each seed in a large module or small pot to avoid root disturbance when planting out the seedlings. You can still sow courgettes as well. My book says germination takes 5 - 10 days at 15C 60F, so I'd keep them in your greenhouse till they get going. Hope this helps! Bernie
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I had to have second go at sweetcorn when a fox or something dug mine up whilst burrying a pigeon....! it worked out ok, I didn't plant them streight out for fear of slug damage, just repeated the usual process and kept my fingers crossed.

Comment

You should be okay PP, a number of us are sowing sweetcorn with a second sowing about now for a later successional crop.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Should be fine to sow now. I always use pots or modules, otherwise the mice and birds nick the seeds. Transplant out into the lottie when growing well.

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
            You should be okay PP, a number of us are sowing sweetcorn with a second sowing about now for a later successional crop.
            Or sowing now because the previous two sowings of sweetcorn have failed miserably. Swift was rubbish, Minipop not wonderful but now planted out on the lottie. I am making another sowing of Swift this weekend and keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Thanks everyone I'll get sowing
              Belgrave-allotments.co.uk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X