radish pics

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radish pics

Has anyone got a picture of a full grown lot of radishes ready to be picked/eaten?

If you can wait until later, Salina, I'll be going to the Hill to do some sowing and will take a piccy for you - you'll have to ignore the weeds, though!

Comment

ME ME ME! Hi there, i picked a lovely load of radishes yesterday, our second crop and was so so happy with them, that i took loads of pics and put a couple on the blog. I hope they are what you were looking for, that is how big the leaves need to be, they were anout 10-15cm from the ground.

The way i check is to find the radish that has the most space to grow in around it, and with your fingers just brush the soil away around the base. What you should see is a lovely roundish red top (depending on the variety you've planted - we have sparkler 3) poking out of the soil. If in doubt, pull it up and check!

Hope this helps, link below. Good luck, and i'd love to see a pic when they are out! 100 percent my favourite veg at the moment!
      Vegmonkey and the Mrs. - vegetable gardening in a small space in Cheltenham at www.vegmonkey.co.uk

Comment

I've tried several diff. varieties this year, including multi-coloured radish...but I'm going back to French Breakfast. The round ones just don't have enough root to be worth the bother
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We planted our round ones in quite a shallow pot - about 2.5" deep maybe? I find they sort of push themselves out when they are almost done - or at least you can see the top of the large red bulb when they are ready for pulling. I've been really impressed by them, they didn't take long, and they are whoppers!
          Nat xxx

My Rather Uninspiring Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Salina View Post
            Has anyone got a picture of a full grown lot of radishes ready to be picked/eaten?
            Here's the last lonely radish in the row....
            Attached Files

Comment

Brilliant radish Veggiemonkey. Enjoyed your blog.
              Nice keys Hazel

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

thanks for the pic, Hazel
                that looks pretty much like mine.....how come theres not radishes for me though lol.
                I'm going to seperate them into bigger pots, wait, and hope for the best lol.
                I've never even tasted a radish, so if these lot fail (here's hoping they don't!) I'll have to buy some from the shops, because I'm very curious lol.
                Last edited by Salina; 11-06-2007, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                  Brilliant radish Veggiemonkey. Enjoyed your blog.
                  Nice keys Hazel
                  Hoping to grow a new Fiat, Alice!

Comment

I don't think you've planted it deep enough Hazel!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I have been eating mine for last 3 weeks, they are mixed colours!
                      red, white and pale brown ones, crisp and succulant- yummy yummy with bread and butter!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                        Hoping to grow a new Fiat, Alice!
                        Hope you're successful Hazel. If it works do let us know and how you did it. Maybe we could improve on it and grow Jags. Now there would be a business

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I can just picture you in a veg jag Alice

What sort of radish are they Hazel? I only seem to grow the long thin ones - French Breakfast.
                          ~
                          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Those are Cherrybelle, Jennie - they have been lovely in terms of taste (quite mild), but don't seem to grow very big. I pulled the first few White Icicle radish out tonight, and nearly blew me gob off!

Haven't tried french breakfast yet (or about a zillion others!) but I'm on the lookout for something a big bigger (longer?) than cherrybelle but with the same taste!

Comment

Thanks Hazel, I'll look out for those. There always seems to be such a lot of free radish seeds with magazines that I just grow them. Can't rememberever buying radish seeds.

The French Breakfast are nice when they are small, but grow big very quickly (although not necessarily woody) and yes, they are hot!
                              ~
                              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X