How many caulis in a B&Q bucket?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many caulis in a B&Q bucket?

It seems that no matter where I place them and what I do, something (slugs, I'm pretty sure?) is eating my cauliflowers. I have a last few seedlings from the greenhouse to try once more with and I'm going to put them in a bucket, on a table, with slug repellant around the base... fingers crossed, lol! How many can a 10 litre bucket sensibly hold though? Four? More, less? Any opinions gratefully recieved.

Claire
    I was feeling part of the scenery
    I walked right out of the machinery
    My heart going boom boom boom
    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
    I've come to take you home."

Dunno, Claire, but make sure that you net your bucket as the culprit may turn out to be pigeons.......

Comment

Hello Seahorse, I would think you could get 4. If it is slugs which are eating your cauliflowers you will see their slimy trails around your plants. No slimy trails - no slugs, it's something else.
      Could be pigeons in that case, in which case you have to put a net or some other contraption over them to keep the pests off. Good luck.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

How many caulis in a B&Q bucket?

Thanks Hazel and Alice - hadn't thought of pigeons We do have a pair of wood pigeons in the trees over the wall who I've suspected of nabbing seeds but didn't realise they would actually eat bigger plants!

I think I'm in danger of becoming obsessed... perhaps I should plant a single cauli in a small bucket and carry it with me wherever I go in a bid to avoid it's premature demise! Lol!

Claire
        Last edited by Seahorse; 10-06-2007, 09:27 PM. Reason: to add thanks as posted at same time as another member

Comment

Seahorse, pigeons will eat any kind of brassicas down to the ground. Bet that's your culprits.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Nets it is then! Thanks

Claire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts