Possible Mushroom Problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Mushroom Problem

Hi everyone. I have manured some of the areas of my garden as well as using it within pots for tomatoes. The only problem is that there are a lot of mushrooms appearing everywhere that I have used the stuff. A couple of different types appearing and I am sure not of the edible variety.

With this happening does anyone know if this is a problem for the veg I am growing?

Also do I have them for good now or will they stop if I keep pulling them out?

Any help with this would be most appreciated

Thanks

Alan

They might be magic mushrooms.

Comment

I've got a similar problem Allyspark with the area I have composted with the Bokashi bucket. Small brown mushrooms appearing amongst the broad beans.

I hope they are magic and I'm going to get a bumper crop. Somehow I don't think so ..........
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
        I've got a similar problem Allyspark with the area I have composted with the Bokashi bucket. Small brown mushrooms appearing amongst the broad beans.

I hope they are magic and I'm going to get a bumper crop. Somehow I don't think so ..........
        If they are magic and you eat them your broad beans will appear to have a good crop!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You can see this previous post and the link I put there. Sorry if it doesn't help. I have found just slicing them off at ground level did the job, but it's not what the info says.
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ead.php?t=8131

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their help and amusing comments on this one.

Will just keep hoeing them when I see them appear and hope this does the trick

Alan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X