whats in my grass?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats in my grass?

hoping that one of you clever cloggs out there will know what is sprouting up in my grass.

long white threads with black tips that when touched go to a liquid ink like substance. i have never seen anything like this before and am at a loss of how to deal with it. any suggestions gratefully recieved.

hope your all keeping well.

It's a fungus. Is it causing you some kind of problem?

Comment

Juvenile Ink Cap mushrooms??? Ink cap mushrooms are what gives the flavour to mushroom soup!
      Just a guess though, whatevewr you do don't think about eating mushrooms or toadstools without knowing for deffinate what you're eating!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hello Firstimer, interesting problem you have. I'm sure it is some kind of mushroom. I found the link below for you, but don't think it's in the least helpful. What do other Grapes think.
        I've had patches of fungi growing in my garden, but have got rid of them. Not sure how except by just scraping them off at ground level. Good luck.
        http://www.lesslawn.com/articles/article1028.html

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Ink caps are seriously delicious. They also don't look like any other mushroom - however, one type contains the substance used to put alcoholics off their tipple - it makes you sick if you cook with or accompany it with alcohol. When over-mature they curl up at the bottom and drip 'ink' and because of this curl their other name is 'lawyer's wig'. I would encourage them to grow and eat them but I wouldn't tell anyone to eat it just from a description.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

thank everyone. i was concerned with the grandchildren getting the ink on their hands. so will keep pulling them up they only seem to pop up in morning....mushrooms not my grandkids!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X