Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you put in a "newbie's" veg pack?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alicante View Post
    Lend as sadly I think it is no longer in print
    There are second hand copies available on Amazon Marketplace for 1p ... although there is the small matter of £2.80 postage

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1840001526/

I have that and other publications from the same series, all very helpful if a little dated now.
    Last edited by Kristen; 15-11-2014, 10:44 AM.
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

As others have said - things they like to eat.
      Runner beans, French beans, a good cropping tomato such as gardeners delight, lettuce, courgettes.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        Subscription to GYO
        And Greenleaves gets awarded the 'Teacher's Pet of the Month Award' to go along with the MOM.

To answer the OP - I'd give something that is 'easy' to grow, has good returns and tastes well - the main thing to keep spirits high and motivation to stick with it.

Spuds like Charlotte and Desiree, Sweetcorn, Onion sets, and various salad leaves. I'm bound to come up withloads more if I actually take time to think.
        Last edited by KevinM67; 17-11-2014, 05:14 PM.
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Newbie's veg pack

Hi, just taken over an allotment, never had one before, so would like to know,
          I was thinking of putting in:
          Garlic, Onions now
          then later on
          peas, potatoes, carrots, sweetcorn after that help please.
          Am I on the right lines, or should I think about others in my first year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1464 View Post
            Hi, just taken over an allotment, never had one before, so would like to know,
            I was thinking of putting in:
            Garlic, Onions now
            then later on
            peas, potatoes, carrots, sweetcorn after that help please.
            Am I on the right lines, or should I think about others in my first year.
            Hi and welcome to the vine. You would be better to start a new thread possibly on introduce yourself. Lots of grapes will soon offer advice. You don't sound far off. If people know what you have to work with, what your gardening background is and where abouts you are they can make it more specific.

Have a good mooch around there is loads of great stuff here to help

Comment

Interesting. thread just finished my first year growing myself and I've started working supporting a person with learning disabilities who likes gardening but haven't grown veg before. There's a purpose growing space including green house - but as its a new build the ground isn't great so no root veg except in containers. Some good tips to help thanks

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X