Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onions

hi,
    i had an onion sprouting in the veg basket so i thought i would plant it to see what happens, now when you plant a clove of garlic you get a bulb (losts of little cloves) what can i expect from planting an onion thanks

It will run to flower and provide you with seed which will be of an undetermined quality.

Once it has flowered and the seed pods and seeds are very dry, you can save them and try them next year if you are daring.

Comment

Put it at the back of the flower border as they are quite decorative!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
        It will run to flower and provide you with seed which will be of an undetermined quality.

Once it has flowered and the seed pods and seeds are very dry, you can save them and try them next year if you are daring.
        Hi Piglet, Your little ditty at the bottom of the page reminds me of when I was serving an engineering apprenticeship many moons ago.
        The tradesman I was with was very efficient but if the job went pear shaped in any way it was a case of " What have we done wrong here then???" If something turned out well, or praise was given by the client it was always a case of " I think I did well there didn't I"

Privileges of rank methinks!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X