See(dl)ing double

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    That's crazy. But I might try it with a smaller (thing/flat/?) if nothing else it'll give me some intense practice at transplanting.

Comment

Originally posted by gringo View Post
      That's crazy. But I might try it with a smaller (thing/flat/?) if nothing else it'll give me some intense practice at transplanting.
      That is very true Gringo & you know what they say about practice...................
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Just remove and repot I would say unles it looks terribly weak. Sometime I find mine just come through at different times. Sometimes its such a waste just to destroy.
        If you want to view paradise
        Simply look around and view it.

Comment

For something like f1 toms where it's 10 seeds for £3 I'll save every seedling (or more likely sowmthem one to a cell).

But for Kale or cabbages where I have 1000 seeds in a packet the quickest way I find is to sow about 5 seeds to a cell to get at least one plant in a cell then pull out all but the best seedling. That way there is no pricking out time, and you tend to stick with the plant that germinated first (the strongest).
          The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
          William M. Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            Have to thank you again for sharing this link, Big Mally.

About 70% of my sturdiest healthiest looking tomatillos that have been put into their final pots and left out, came from my experiment of this method! (Despite being sown at least six weeks after the rest).

It's also made me an expert at transplanting seedlings which I never had the courage to do previously!

AND I've been spreading the tomatillo love, instead of just giving the seeds away. About 40 healthy plants given away so far!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X