Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second cropping potatoes

hi everyone,
    i want to do some second cropping potatoes - harvest at christmas but everyone seems to have sold out - any idea where i could get some from
    many thanks

If you're going to grow them in containers Taylorlej you would be safe enough to use potatoes from the supermarket.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

i tried that in the spring and none of them grew(but the ones i bought from a garden centre did) - perhaps they are neutered so they dont sprout on the shelves?

Comment

taylorlej,

If you PM me I have some Annabelle's well sprouted earlies which I would be happy to send, I have used all I need to and mine seem to be growing ok. I used these as first earlies and kept some back.

If you want to try please let me know I dont have that many left but would be able to at least send some.

An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.

Will Rogers

Comment

I've just received some maris piper tubers from Mr Fotheringills online store, maybe they would still have some left? Shared them with a friend who gave me some earlier in the year or I would have offered you some taylorlej, sorry!
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            If you're going to grow them in containers Taylorlej you would be safe enough to use potatoes from the supermarket.
            did this myself grew supermarket ones worked great, done this twice now and never had a problem. what do you have to loose

Comment

I've stuck in some of this year's Arran Pilot's to grow for Xmas....no sign of activity yet, but am hopeful !
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X