Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chickens dying

Hi
    i need some advice, i bought some hybrid chickens at p.o.l about five months ago, they started laying in around four weeks and all was well, had eight and decided to get three more, from the same supplier. about two weeks later my chickens stopped laying but they seemed well. just the odd egg or two. last week my husband found one dead, he said it had been moping for a few days, no signs of external parasites looked clean although a little thin a bit bony he said, been feeding them on organic layer pellets and mixed corn, also boiled up veg quite frequently, there is always food left so they are getting enough. today we found another dead, thought this might happen as was lethargic when we locked up last night. i have been worming this week with flubenvet. cant seem to find anyone to speak to about this. vets dont phone back.
    can anyone help with this. this is the first time i have had chickens feeling a bit despondent.
    thanks.

Hi Jenny and welcome to the Forum.

You might like to have a look at this thread which is also asking a similar question:
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ead.php?t=9948
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hi
      yes have read them, it is not as easy as you think keeping chickens. I hope worming them will help,
      many thanks
      jenny

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X