Lost chickens...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost chickens...

.... had a phone call at lunch time from OH to ask 'where are the chickens?'

'in the garden' says I!?!

Nope - they're gone! Looked all around, no where to be found

So - I jump into my car, race home only to find OH trying to tell me something in sign language... basically they are there - they had jumped into the veg patch and hidden from him! I do have a 'thick' shrub in the corner - no doubt thats where they were!

My first thought - horror amongst horrors, had our lovely neighbours chicken-napped them! Got to stop thinking badly of them now!

Jan
    x
    Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Glad it turned out ok Jan, Mandy

Comment

Jan
      Relief all round!
      Odd to read this when I spent part of the morning on the allotment rounding up two chickens wandering around. There were my next door neighbours teenage chickens who'd somehow managed to get out of their run. God knows how long they'd been out, they were starving and very thirsty so gave them an early lunch and some water and put them in my greenhouse. Luckily their owner turned up in the afternoon so they're now back where they belong.
      Apparently another one wasn't so lucky yesterday, disappeared and not a sign, foxes I presume.
      I do hope there are no more escapes when I'm up there next.
      best wishes
      Sue

Comment

Our site is next to a high school, some of whose teenage girls used to "release" our chickens, presumably so they could be "free" ... free to be picked off by foxes that is. Idiots.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I used to work in a bird garden where a species of rare falcons was being bred as part of an international conservation project.

Some caring soul managed to get in and rip a hole in the side of their aviary, from which mum falcon escaped leaving four one-week old chicks. At least the chicks had professional care - mum wouldn't have lasted a week!

Dont ya just love them - probably the same people released all the minks!

KK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X