• Time
  • Show
Clear All

got them! blogged...
    You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Saw the pictures, bless them....hope they settle in well!!
      8 chickens, 1 Whippet and a small garden

Comment

Originally posted by heebiejeebie View Post
        got them! blogged...
        Well done! They seem to have a five star residence now!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Got mine too. Safely installed in the shed. On nightshift at the mo, so will upload pics when I'm at home.
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Great news both of you.

May your chickens live in perfect peace and comfort now and give you many eggs.

Jan
            Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Comment

Girls settling in well. Blogged pics.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Kirsty...I just had a look at your blog....OMG!!!! You poor lass, what a nightmare with your chickens. How on earth did the fox get in the last time?

I am in the process of making a run and converting a shed for 20 chickens and am terrified of foxes breaking in.

Comment

The final time it dug in one of the corners instead of coming through a gap in the roof. Have put weldmesh around that corner with iron posts bashed in at 2" intervals a foot deep.
                  I have learned from bad experience that foxes are fairly determined buggers if they feel a free meal is theirs for the taking.
                  Make sure your roof is well wired. Either bury the bottom of your run about a foot deep or put an anti dig skirt around the bottom. If you can afford it and electric fence would also help. I have read that foxes scramble up and over stuff instead of jumping, so they will not try to get over something that is not solid, especially if it gives them a jolt!
                  In the month that I have not had chooks I have raised the height of my roof, wired shut even the tiniest of gaps and have re-hung the gate. I check every inch of the fence daily.
                  My bro-in-law is an electrician and he has told me how to rig up a leccy fence using copper wire, ground stakes and a car battery cos my budget won't stretch to a purpose made fence kit just yet.
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X