No announcement yet.

Can you feed hens stale bread?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need some advice on egg bound hens pls one of my hens as not layed layed for four days now ,iv done all i can for her ,bathed her ,put olive oil in her feed ,entered her vent but could not feel anything ,she,s eating and looks the same as she always does ,but she is always in the coup straining ,could anyone help ,as im very concerned about her ,she,s young and as only been laying for 3 months

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
      i need some advice on egg bound hens pls one of my hens as not layed layed for four days now ,iv done all i can for her ,bathed her ,put olive oil in her feed ,entered her vent but could not feel anything ,she,s eating and looks the same as she always does ,but she is always in the coup straining ,could anyone help ,as im very concerned about her ,she,s young and as only been laying for 3 months
      Tony, you would be better to start a new thread for this query.

Comment

sorry ,but whats a new thread ?

Comment

sorry ,but whats a new thread ? im new to this sorry

Comment

Right. This thread is called "can I feed hens stale bread". Scroll to the top of this page, just under the adverts, and click on "Rule the Roost". At the top left hand side of the new page you will see a green block saying + New Thread, or something like that. Click on that, give the new thread the title you want, something like "help needed for egg bound hen".

Comment

thank you so much

Comment

My free range hens and Frank all chase me up the hill if I don't give them their Real Food. Which is a layers/scratchmix. They always scoff that down first and then wander over to the scraps. Are our scraps just more boring than other people's?

I throw the layer/scratch mix into the grassy areas that I want them to scratch thru, as it takes them longer to find it. I thnk if I gave them a constant feeder that they would stand around it in a little circle and just eat until they exploded!
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Mine often get bread but prefer mixed corn. They have layers pellets 'on demand' but each evening I try and give them a treat. If I throw them a bit of bread now, most of them stand looking at me waiting for the second course of mixed corn!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

all our scrap food goes to the muscovies. They are walking eating machines.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X