Year old not laying

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year old not laying

Hi all, i'm new here and hope you can help. We have 2 chucks who are about a year old, and have had them since they were about 10-14 weeks old. One of them starting laying last summer but they got a bad dose of red spider mite and stopped laying. We have a Maran and a Rhode Island Red and think it was the Maran that was laying as the eggs were always quite dark. Anyway the Maran started laying again about 6 or so weeks ago but as far as i know the Red has never laid. She always stands outside the coup while the Maran lays and sometimes sits on the nest but never an egg. Any suggestions as to why or what i can do

many thanks Chappers.
    Last edited by Chappers; 10-02-2008, 03:07 PM.

I think it is time you introduced some sage and onion stuffing crumbs into the diet and see if a big hint gets through jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Ha ha. Thats wicked!! Can't think of anything really, perhaps a bit of poultry spice in their grub as a bit of a tonic?
      As the Rhodie is sitting in the nest sometimes, maybe she is starting to feel her natural urges but has yet to actually produce?
      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X