Ice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice

When I went to see to the hens this morning ice had formed on the water reservoir in their water holder. They had pecked through it and seemed to be enjoying nibbling the ice. I broke the rest of it and Enid ran off with a sliver of ice with the other two in hot pursuit. They were having great fun and competition for this piece of ice was so intense it's the only time I've seen Enid throw her weight around and give poor old Dorothy a right peck on the head which threw Dorothy into a bit of a spin and she was very glum and submissive for all of five minutes.

I was quite amazed to see them playing with ice, although not really playing they were all trying to get hold of it to have a good peck.

And what a relief to have new growth grass to give them, I cut a tub full of juicy grass and sprinkled dried mealworms in it for them. Ecstasy!
    best wishes
    Sue

yep had Ice to in the hens water supplier, it was a bit thick for them to break so had to give them a helping hand
    http://warmanallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

If frost is forecast try floating a small tennis ball in the reservoir if you have room. This will keep an area free from ice (if the chooks let it stay in there)

Comment

hello my hen's were playing with ice. mum said it was funny this morning watching them chasing each other to to get the ice of each other.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X