Bright egg yolks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright egg yolks

I've just made Cherry Almond cake, the Nigella Lawson recipe, it tastes wonderful but my hen's eggs have made it bright yellow so it looks like dyed shop cake!
    When I'm serving it up have to keep explaining....
    Sue

How wonderful! Do let me know if you can't finish it.
    Resistance is fertile

Comment

That's cool Sue! I can't think of any time I've ever cooked something and made it better than Nigella can. Or as good as Nigella can come to think of that...

My uncle Patrick has the best line. If you ever ask if he'd like cake he says, 'please don't insult me with a small slice.' And when you ask if he liked it, he says, "it was very nice... as far as it went...'

He is a living legend. And everyone makes him A LOT of cake. I should take a leaf out of his book. Please pass on any good recipes, it's my life's ambition to make him a cake he can't finish!

Comment

oooh send me some - i could do with a nice cuppa tea and a slice of cake
        i promise not to ask why it's so yellow
        http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Jeannine
          I blush, I didn't mean to infer that I had made it better than she could but her recipes - especially for cakes are so good that you usually get excellent results. I'm at that time of the year when I'm clearing the cupboards, emptying the freezers and finishing up the dried fruit and veg ready, hopefully for more to come from this years harvest.
          So I found a tub of organic, uncoloured Italian glace cherries left over from Christmas and was looking for a recipe to use them up. Found this one and I followed her advice to wash them in warm water before you start and they are delicious - miles away from the waxy abnormally bright red ones.
          If you haven't got her books, I can post the recipe if you'd like it.
          Sue

Comment

You can't beat the taste of your own home grown eggs. I remember having my first egg from our chickens and it tasted wonderful. I look forward to everytime we eat our eggs, which is why I always say a big thanks to girls each day they have a nice clutch for me. How people can still eat batery farmed eggs is beyond me.
            Atomic Apple Design

"It is a cliché that most clichés are true, but then like most clichés, that cliché is untrue."

Comment

Hi

I wish I could grow my own eggs.

T

Comment

Akela Ben
                I always thank my girls for my eggs only today there was someone on the next plot so did feel a bit stupid when they heard me exclaining loudly - thankyou girls!
                And Tigerella, you will, I thought you were going to give it a go?
                Sue

Comment

Hi

Maybe, I need to start breaking up some pallets.

T

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X