Duck discussion area

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck discussion area

Hi, it's me again and I have opened this thread for the few people that own/going to own the fantastic poltury that is THE DUCK! Share info, tips and your duck photos to the world and open peoples eyes to the duck.

Happy chatting!
    Qwerty
    Last edited by Qwerty; 07-04-2008, 10:04 AM.
    Qwerty

Save the earth- its the only planet with campervans!

Just a reminder for duck lovers. this area Is for talking, showing pics and links about ducks.

Feel free to post!!
    Qwerty.

P.s im stuck on a name for a duck. Can you give me some ideas. She's going to be a duck. (the posh word for a female.)
    Qwerty

Comment

Hi qwerty, think its just you and I with the duck bug.
      we had
      elsie duck
      rosemary duck
      orange duck
      and plum duck
      we also had some boys called dinner but we ate them.

Also we normally put all fowl related q's under rule the roost.
      Last edited by yoanbob; 07-04-2008, 02:51 PM.
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

I'm there too but posted on the other post!

Might put some photos of the ones in our garden later - getting them to pose at the moment is a bit tiresome! They're all a tad frisky running around all over the shop.

Comment

I would love to get some ducks but I just don't have room for a pond at the moment... I was thinking about muscovies though, they are supposed to be really good eating too. My OH is on at me to get some ugly poultry for dinners so we don't feel so guilty when it comes to topping them, that's why I thought of muscovies maybe this isn't where I should be posting this

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Muscovies are fantastic for eating when i was driving milk tankers about the farms here in the midlands i used to collect from one farm were the farmers wife used to rear them just for eating .
            I used to collect them 6 at a time ready for the oven just the job .
            Now a name for the duck how about Mrs Duck jacob
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

If you want I'll move this to Rule the Roost which is where we normally put duck threads. It might get a bit lost in the Chit Chat Thread.
              ~
              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Yes please Jennyatkinson! Good idea. Oh, by the way, are you part of the gyo staff? if you are then I have a message : could you do another article on ducks? quack addict was really good, and it inspired me to get ducks, and ducks will inspire others! Oh and muscovy ducks are
                Good eating ducks, they are so fat you could fire them through a cannon!!

Youre all such great people,
                Qwerty.

P.s i have'nt got my ducks yet, but im planning, studying and generaly getting all exited!!!
                Last edited by Qwerty; 09-04-2008, 03:24 PM.
                Qwerty

Comment

Wild ducks!

I must tell you all..... wild ducks have been visiting my garden for a while now!! It must be a good omen for my Grace and Nutmeg that im getting.
                  Ive named the duck (female) Daisy and the drake (male) crackers!
                  They are mallards and they are lovely!
                  Last edited by Qwerty; 08-04-2008, 07:11 PM.
                  Qwerty

Comment

Glad you've enjoyed your ducks Qwerty and also glad to hear you were inspired by GYO. No us, MODS are not on the GYO staff, we do this voluntarily .............
                    ~
                    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Ok. my bad. Anyway cheers for moving my tread. much appreciated.

p.s how do you put photos on your posts that are off the computer?
                      Qwerty

Comment

You mean like this [see below]

You go to advanced, scroll to manage attachments and choose and image and upload it.

If you can't see any of that, then somewhere in your settings you need to allow attachments.

i didn't take the photo, but it is of 2 of the ducks from the canal sitting on the grass next to our garden; I've just been down there watching them and it's flippin' cold still. Can't type properly without cld finger pain so giving it up for an hour or so.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well, here are my three: Stella, Guinness & Strongbow. They are mucky things not too keen on swimming - but I hatched them myself & you get quite attached!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Does this work?
                            Attached Files
                            Yo an' Bob
                            take only what you need
                            give all you can

Comment

Cool, never done that before! these are mostly of Elsie.
                              Yo an' Bob
                              take only what you need
                              give all you can

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X