Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasta & Rice

HI,
    when i cook pasta or rice i always have some left over, i was wondering if it is ok to give the chicks the left overs
    Thanks
    John

Yes, they'll love it. As long as its not loads it will do them no harm at all. I love watching mine with spaghetti, its so comical
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Just cook less? A serving is 3-4 ounces.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi,
        We have three chickens and they love pasta and rice - I usually cook a bit extra for them! They also have a passion for bananas and tomatoes and often sneak into the kitchen to see what's on offer. They also tap at the cat flap (one came through once!) and sit on the window box outside the kitchen window peering in at us! No pressure!

Comment

As long as it is an occasional treat (once or twice a week, preferably later in the day after they've filled up on proper food), it's fine to give them pasta, rice, couscous, etc. Mine are especially fond of stale home-made bread soaked in warm water! (Do soak bread in water first, so it doesn't swell up in their crop and cause a blockage.) Carbohydrate treats are especially good in cold weather when they need a few extra calories to keep warm at night.

Just don't give them every day, or your chickens won't be getting enough protein to make eggs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X