Broody Hen

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broody Hen

I think that one of the girls might be broody. I have moved her to a coop on her own with some ping pong balls to see if she settles.

How long should I leave her, if she does settle, before I put some real eggs under her?

Any advise?
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

As no one seemed to know I took the plunge and put 9 eggs under her last night. They should hatch around the 20th May.

BTW I removed the ping pong balls!!!!!!!
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Good luck Roitelet. When we kept chickens we had a couple of bantam hens and they would decide when it was time to hatch all by themselves. They simply would not let us take the eggs and we knew then that there would be chicks! The funniest thing we ever did was give them duck eggs to sit on along with hens ones. Two ducklings hatched and we got soundly scolded whenever we gave them swimming lessons
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

as soon as they go broody and you have moved them you can put eggs under, good luck, I love baby chooks
        Yo an' Bob
        Walk lightly on the earth
        take only what you need
        give all you can
        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
          I love baby chooks
          Aren't they a bit small to roast?
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment