cockerel menace

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cockerel menace

Hi ,someone near us has got a cockerel that crows non-stop from dawn to dusk,It is a real nuisance.Is this normal ?

Yes! My next door neighbours have 3 or 4 cockerels, that crow from (literally) sunup to sundown...

Have you had a word with your nieghbours about the noise? Why do they need a cockerel? Can they move the birds further away from the houses etc. Apart from having a little word with them, I don't think there's much you can do (except buy some earplugs??)
    If you don't live in a rural area, you might get somewhere with the Council...but other than that, I'm not sure....

Comment

Thanks, It`s not a particularly rural area .If it doesnt stop I will find a way to annoy them.As you say it`s not necessary and it`s bl**** irritating.Some people are just morons.

Comment

We had 3 cockrell next door to use which was driving us mad woke us up really early
        I complained to The Enviromental Agency Noise Pollution at the local council office and their noise patrol came early in the morning and checked the noise and to see if complaint was justified. I also complained to their housing assosiation landlord. They were sent a noise abatement notice and also a notice from Housing association about contravening their tenancy agreement.
        Cockrell are no longer there now I am pleased to say and we are back to lie in till 6.30am
        Hope that helps
        Last edited by Maggie2008; 06-05-2008, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks maggie

Comment

Do not approach your neighbour if you do not know them well as you do not know their reaction will be I did that and wish I had not as the foul language is still ringing in my ears.
            Also do not increase your noise or nusience to counteract it as they will have cause to complain.
            Going to depts I previously suggested should get some action. Just be patient IT WILL GO AWAY

Comment

Thanks again.I`m sure you`re right

Comment

A lot of people believe you need a cockerel to get the hens to lay eggs. Not so. This could be (gently) pointed out to the owner ...
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

The sound of a cock crowing is music to my ears!!! Have a heart as you are condemning it to a death sentence.
                  Last edited by blackguard; 07-05-2008, 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by blackguard View Post
                    The sound of a cock crowing is music to my ears!!! Have a heart as you are condemning it to a death sentence.
                    Hhhhm, try seven of them starting at 3.30am every single morning, and carrying on throughout the day until 9.30pm

They belong to next door, who aren't in most of the day, so don't hear it...

Comment

Hi ,cockerel is now gone.Someone complained(not me) and the council environmental health people got rid of it thank god.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X