geese

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geese

does any one know what to do with geese ? Ive just been given 2 and im not sure what to do can they go in with my chucks or do they need space of thier own do they need a pond.what do they eat help!please

I used to have a pair of geese, they can go in with your chooks but I kept mine seperate and ideally you should go down to your local feed merchant and get them some specific pellets designed for them. Geese are mainly grazers but do love a swim so if you have a pond so much the better
    www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Hi I've just joined the group and find the forum brilliant. I have a smallholding and have had White Chinese Geese for the 12 years I've been here and I love them to bits. Although they do love a pond to swim around in it is not a necessity (unlike ducks). They sleep in a stable along with about 6 of my muscovy ducks, though you have to watch them they can be bullies. They even bully the cats and have been known to catch the cats tails and just hold on much to the disgust of the cats! The down side is they can be rather noisy and foxes love them and the ducks.

Comment

Hello Samk - welcome to the Grapevine. Glad you#ve enjoyed it so far - I'm sure it won't be long before you are hooked like the rest of us!

One of my colleagues at work keeps geese on her croft, but she clips the wings as they are always making a bid for freedom. I've heard her talking about the way the bully the other birds and animals too (even her OH!). The eggs are great though. I occassionally get one - one is enough! they are huge.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Ha. I won my husbands heart with a 2 goose egg omlet (or so he says)!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X