where to buy chicken food??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy chicken food??

ok i've searched all over looking for chicken feed, there are a few places that will post it, but the postage is dear .... so where on earth can i go along and buy chicken food from? i can borrow my neighbours car to pick it up, but i can't think of anywhere that would sell it ....... i've never had anything that i can't feed from normal shops before lol

and i'll need bedding too, any ideas?? maybe somewhere with cheap delivery, or the type of place to get it from, so i can search for somewhere near

thanks

Lynda xx

Any pet shop should be able to order it in for you or look in the yellow pages for agricultural merchants / animal feed supplies

Comment

Our hardware store sells feed&we've just started getting a huge bale of straw for £2.50 from a local(ish)farmshop.deffo wouldn't get straw from a petshop~extortionate prices!check with any local farmers.
      p.s Have you converted the mini?
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Try the poultry forums, see who is in your area who keeps chooks and ask them. There's got to be a suppliers close to you. Just avoid anything with PETFOOD in the name unless you want to pay double.
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Horse feed suppliers often sell chicken food, they will certainly have the bedding. A local farmer might sell you some of his? Or find someone else who has chickens nearby and ask them.

Comment

I did a google search for "Smallholder Layers Pellets" and got a list of local suppliers that way. My supplier is about 4 miles from me, and as Vicky says, horse feed suppliers (which mine is) sell chook food too. Bedding, poultry spice, louse powder are also stocked there. Hope this helps
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

re the bedding, i've been shredding up my old newspapers for my girls bedding.
              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Down here "SCATS" sell chicken feed, bedding etc,, think they are quite nationwide ?Main Map

Comment

Like Lainey Lou I also shred newspapers and junk mail, bank statements etc for nest bedding, they think it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO comfy and warm It composts well too
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

central wall growers (CWG) sell 25kg layers pellets for £9.00 up at towcester.

Comment

"farmgate layers pellet"....find there web site and they will tell you is selling close to you.

Comment

i get all the shredded paper from work for my guinea pigs and chucks.
                        Best love

Steelsy
                        xxx

www.myspace.com/steelsy

Comment

I get mine from Pets At Home or failing that, my local agricultural merchant - if you have a vet near you they should know, especially if they do farm animals too. bedding - use either wood shavings (also from pet shop) or shredded paper from the office.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X