If you want a good laugh.......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want a good laugh.......

Try hanging a corn on the cob up in the chicken run!

I picked a few of my corn cobs today to see if they were ripe. They were, and after eating some raw, yum, I couldn't eat it all so decided I would hang it from the string I usually hang cabbages up on in the chicken run!

I've never laughed so much in ages, the corn was swinging like a pendulum and the chooks were trying to peck it on the move! Two of them banged there heads together at one point and nearly knocked each other out

I'm deffo going to do it again.......but this time I'll have a camera ready!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Oh please, please ... set up a webcam.
    I'm begging you ...
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

That is just soooo why I want to keep hens again That an spaghetti in their mash on a winter morning!
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

My guinea pigs fight over corn on the cob too.
        You can put 2 cobs in the pen, but they'll fight over the "special one"
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

my dog loves it too, so does one of the cats it's really funny watching them drag it round the house, what is it about corn cobs??

Comment

I'd love to have seen that Must buy some next time I'm at the supermarket and try my lot on it - I'll try and video it as well if I can work out how to video on my mobile that is!!
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

OK, so my hens are strange! I hung up one of my dads home grown organic corn cobs and they have totally ignored it!

Comment

mine go wild for corn on the cob too, it's hillarious!
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                  OK, so my hens are strange! I hung up one of my dads home grown organic corn cobs and they have totally ignored it!
                  OK, daft question time! You did strip the outer leaves off so they new what it was didn't you?
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I chucked one in for our girls and they stripped it bare, like a shoal of piranhas in seconds

Comment

I hung one up that I stripped totally, the other one I left on the ground with it partially stripped back and they ignored both of them!

Comment

Went to Asda this morning and got some 20p c-o-c's. Yes, I stripped back the outer leaves off first then hung it up for the chickens. They looked at it, then at me, then looked at the corn again, clucked a bit, then Violet said "cluck-chook-bok-bok-cluck-chook" which I took to mean "what the b****y heck do you think we're supposed to do with that then?". So another cob was stripped of it's leaves and chucked into the run. After a bit of a conflab, one of them had a peck, then another, and before too long they were all at it like they'd never seen food before! They've decided between themselves that the one hanging up is "ok" but only if it stays still long enough to get a peck at. Any others they get will definitely be hung up for them - it lasts longer that way
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Snadger, soooooooo cruuuuel

Please please post a piccy of a headbanging chook
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Core an apple, then hang it up on a string, same corn on the cob effect!
                            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                              then Violet said "cluck-chook-bok-bok-cluck-chook"
                              I know the feeling Maureen- My OH has that look in his eyes sometimes when I present him with his supper!!!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X