New ducks but poorly chicken

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ducks but poorly chicken

Finally got my call ducks - they are gorgeous but now one of my chickens is really poorly.
    She is walking around like she has the world's worst hangover - has a mucky bum and isn't really eating much.
    So fed up as she is gorgeous - friendly and croons when you pick her up and give her a cuddle.
    My boyfriend reckons she is stuck in the moult and there's nothing really to be done. Just crossing my fingers. Fed her some tinned sweetcorn with poultry spice mixed in today. She had a good bit but lost interest after a while which is just not right.
    Any ideas? - she is such a sweetie. Hate to be doing nothing.

Could she have worms? Horrible thing to have to check - but they need worming every 6 months, allegedly (Don't have hens yet but working on it!) It really drags them down to have internal parasites.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I had a chook with similar symptoms which I thought may have been eggbound. After about a week I found her sitting in the nestbox and lo and behold she is broody!
      Is she laying, I wonder? Mine's temeperament changed and she didn't like being picked up!

Just a thought, probably wrong!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Now am seeing a pattern forming!!!Our chook that was poorly a couple of weeks ago has been caught just sat on the others eggs!!!She is easily coaxed out,so I wouldn't say she's badly broody but deffo spending more time sat in the nesting bxes than she should be!!!So does anyone know is it common for a chook to appear off colour prior to going broody?Our one has also decided she doesn't like to be picked up anymore also!!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X