rhoda again

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhoda again

please, please help, rhoda my 8 month old rode island red is realy under the weather she has always been in the front row for food when i bring out treats she is always first for the last couple of weeks i have noticed a big difference in her, she has stopped laying she is loosing her feathers she does not come to you when you call her name and normaly she is first down the garden, when i give her her favorite treats she just looks and walks away should i go to the vets with here?

lyn

If you're really worried, then I'd say yes, see a vet. However, I expect you've tried all the "usual" things? Checked for worms and wormed her, checked for lice and powdered the coop and the chooks, given her some poultry spice in the food? etc etc
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Think I'm going for a record tonight for saying"as Maureen says"!!but.. as Maureen says!!if you truly are worried then a trip to the vets may put your mind at ease.but remember it's also natural for hens to mault,& when they do they also stop laying.Hoping this is all that's up with her.x
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

It's moulting season and they so lose feathers and go off lay. You could offer her something with a bit higher protein in - meal-worms, even cat food (preferably NOT chicken flavoured - that's just so wrong!). The moult is stressful for birds and they need a bit of TLC. Hope she picks up soon.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X