creosote

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creosote

Just got my issue of GYO magazine. I was reading the article on chicken and apparently creosote is A BIG NO NO. According to the mag it is toxic to birds.
    Just thought I would say as I have read a few comments on here about it.

Originally posted by chicken slave View Post
    Just got my issue of GYO magazine. I was reading the article on chicken and apparently creosote is A BIG NO NO. According to the mag it is toxic to birds.
    Just thought I would say as I have read a few comments on here about it.
    The stuff you buy now is not creosote but a substitute - creosote was banned by the EU
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

it's weird, we always did my grans chicken house inside and out with it, and the horses fences and stables got done in that and whitewash, and my rabbit hutches were all done inside and out too ....... maybe chickens rabbits and horses aren't stupid enough to lick something that tastes foul ..... they all lived ripe old ages, and i never died from eating the chickens or eggs.

and it smells wonderful and clean, like ***** fluid does when you've done your drains ...... anyway the new one just doesn't smell quite right
      Last edited by lynda66; 02-10-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Horses are dumb enough to eat wood with creosote, especially if they are hungry. bored or crib bite. I had to keep my pony in on straw once. Vet said to water the straw with ***** fluid to stop her eating it. Next morning shed ate the lot! When i asked the vet if it was harmful he said he didnt know as he'd never seen a pony actally eat it! Bless her dumb and greedy Sorry off on a tangent there, dont know about chickens......
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

OLD creosote was so toxic it would burn your skin, that's why you had to wear gloves when applying it!

I remember painting a hut with it and the fumes alone turned my face red, similar to wind burn!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

yeah but but it smelled all clean

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X