one week to go!!!!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
    How long ago were the eggs 'set' in the incubator? If they are overdue (but still live), the temp might be a bit low. Sometimes a new-hatched chick will 'do the splits' and have trouble standing. The books say you can't solve the problem and cure them, but I have done it a couple of times. It only works on the tiny backyard scale, because it requires very frequent checking for a day or so.
    She is fine now she was just finding her feet, I think she was a little weak after her long hatch. They are now a couple of days overdue and the temperature has never fluctuated all through incubation. I set the temperature according to the egg type and incubator instructions.

She is going into the brooder in a couple of hours, I was trying to wait for the other one to hatch so that she had company but that one is now taking her time.

Comment

How many OTHER fans of the master have we here??? (hoping there are more to come, but if I have to make do with the 30howevermany already written, that will have to do)
      Myself and Himself are another 2 - Just re-read Making Money. In the current financial climate it was prophetic! (And laugh-out-loud funny of course!)
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

How many OTHER fans of the master have we here??? (hoping there are more to come, but if I have to make do with the 30howevermany already written, that will have to do)
        hopefully many more, I finished 'Nation' in one gulp when it arrived, so am re-reading it now.

Chicken slave she is GORGEOUS, if she is a bit wobbly it's cos she is trying to headbang to linkin park and you made the OH turn it off
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

• Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post

Chicken slave she is GORGEOUS, if she is a bit wobbly it's cos she is trying to headbang to linkin park and you made the OH turn it off

I take it you have the number for that therapist

Comment

• well I did, but for some strange reason I was asked not to come back!

don't understand it myself.
            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• Blimey!! I can take a breath now, Thought it would never hatch!! They often hatch over a few days so be patient. I dare say you know if and when to help them out. Only when the membrane is REALLY dry you can cut with a pair of sharp scissors across a tiny bit if the chick seems exhausted.Never cut into damp membrane as the slightest show of blood will result in a damaged chick.(I know, I'm teaching my Granny to suck eggs! But I can never resist interfering!!)

Comment

Me me me! Have nearly all the books - still reading my way through them

P.s chicken slave she is sooo lovely.

Comment

• The second one is nearly here

Again we have half a head popping out........not long now

Comment

• OOOOOO here we go again *cranks up the stereo so chicki2 can hear it*
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Me too! Also have them all on 'talking books' so I can listen to them in the car. OH and I have many a heated discussion on which is our favourite. . . so far of course!

Pacing the floor again!
                      Last edited by Comfreyfan; 25-10-2008, 01:37 PM.
                      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

OOOOOO here we go again *cranks up the stereo so chicki2 can hear it*
                        What is this one to be born to I wonder?

Comment

• born to be Wild!
                          Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

born to be Wild!
                            Cool! I like that as she will fit in well with the girls up the back, as they have dug out all my compost heap today to find bugs and worms.

1/3 of the shell now broken off on chickie2

Comment

• Originally posted by chicken slave View Post
                              Cool! I like that as she will fit in well with the girls up the back, as they have dug out all my compost heap today to find bugs and worms.

1/3 of the shell now broken off on chickie2
                              well if it IS a she, i hope she gets to keep the name for a while, I shall be dead proud !
                              Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Me too, Carpe Jugulum does it for me every time.

And thanks for this lovely, uplifting thread - been a joy to read, although I only just caught up.
                                Nell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X