one week to go!!!!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nelliegemini View Post
    Me too, Carpe Jugulum does it for me every time.

And thanks for this lovely, uplifting thread - been a joy to read, although I only just caught up.
    gotta love those witches, Granny Weatherwax is of course a fave, Nanny Ogg is just outragous ( I love her cook book and we actually cook some of them), and a soft spot is reserved for Tiffany Aching.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

• Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
      Me too! Also have them all on 'talking books' so I can listen to them in the car. OH and I have many a heated discussion on which is our favourite. . . so far of course!

Pacing the floor again!
      I have the talking books to listen to whilst sewing. He's little short of a genius in my opinion.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Me too, Carpe Jugulum does it for me every time.

And thanks for this lovely, uplifting thread - been a joy to read, although I only just caught up.
        Can't decide between Going Postal and Monstrous Regiment. Actually my fave is usually whichever I'm re-reading at the moment.

Comment

• My family think I AM Nanny Ogg. I do love to drink a pint or two (of things that are usually served in small glasses!) but I don't smoke. Not even an evil pipe like she does. Jammy Devils from ther Nanny Ogg cookbook are wonderful especially with homemade jam!

Comment

• I can't pick a fave to save my life, they are all great in their own way, I have most affinity with all the ones with the witches in naturally, but, sam vimes is a God in my eyes, and I always seem to visualise him as a sort of Clint Eastwood figure, but nicer *shrug* sort of all worn down by the job, a bit battered by life and in need of a good woman, which of course he now has.

and of course the inimitable Nobby Nobbs, I mean we know they exist, don't we?
            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
              Can't decide between Going Postal and Monstrous Regiment. Actually my fave is usually whichever I'm re-reading at the moment.
              going postal and making money are fantastic, so nice to have a new character being fleshed out.

anyway we need a chicki2 update !! before this thread goes totally off topic
              Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• We're women - we can multi-task!

Comment

• true, and we have to discuss something whilst we wait, I am almost scared to try another thread in case i miss an announcement LOL
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                    I can't pick a fave to save my life, they are all great in their own way, I have most affinity with all the ones with the witches in naturally, but, sam vimes is a God in my eyes, and I always seem to visualise him as a sort of Clint Eastwood figure, but nicer *shrug* sort of all worn down by the job, a bit battered by life and in need of a good woman, which of course he now has.

(humming quietly whilst waiting for news ....)

I always see Vimes as Pete Postlethwaite, don't know why. Has he played the part on Sky at some time (we don't have it), but totally with you on the worn down and battered.
                    Nell

Comment

• She is all but out just her bottom in the shell another 10 minutes and she will be in the world completely. I have to go now but will be back tomorrow.

Comment

(humming quietly whilst waiting for news ....)

I always see Vimes as Pete Postlethwaite, don't know why. Has he played the part on Sky at some time (we don't have it), but totally with you on the worn down and battered.
                        no he hasn't, but hey thats even better than clint, almost perfect i would say.

the two that have been on sky so far were flippin awesome, neither had Sam in though, I have them both on DVD but not in video format, could send you copies, but you would have to watch them on the puter, cos they are divx format.
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                          I can't pick a fave to save my life, they are all great in their own way, I have most affinity with all the ones with the witches in naturally, but, sam vimes is a God in my eyes, and I always seem to visualise him as a sort of Clint Eastwood figure, but nicer *shrug* sort of all worn down by the job, a bit battered by life and in need of a good woman, which of course he now has.

You readin' my mind there Bride? I could have written that! I like to think I'm a bit Granny Weatherwax (headology rules), but OH tells my I'm more Nanny Ogg!
                          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
                            You readin' my mind there Bride? I could have written that! I like to think I'm a bit Granny Weatherwax (headology rules), but OH tells my I'm more Nanny Ogg!
                            LOL must be i think, I am definitely a Granny with Oggish tendencies towards drink food and sex
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chicken slave View Post
                              She is all but out just her bottom in the shell another 10 minutes and she will be in the world completely. I have to go now but will be back tomorrow.
                              You can't go out and leave the babies all on their own!!! Have you got a good reliable chick-sitter? Is he/she registered? Have they got your mobile number in case of emergency?
                              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

• see! if you had a live feed rigged up, we could have all chikiesat for you, tsk tsk. I hope you have left the stereo on?
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X