one week to go!!!!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
    no he hasn't, but hey thats even better than clint, almost perfect i would say.

the two that have been on sky so far were flippin awesome, neither had Sam in though, I have them both on DVD but not in video format, could send you copies, but you would have to watch them on the puter, cos they are divx format.
    I must have dreamt it then - are you watching this Terry? Pete?

I managed to catch 'Hogfather' on mainstream TV, but I would love to see a copy of "Colour of Magic", partially because I am also a huge fan of Anne McCaffrey's dragon books, and there is a hilarious p?ss take in the book, I would love to see it (still love the dragon books though, and perhaps TP is a fan, he must certainly have read them well to spoof so cleverly). If you could send it I would be pathetically grateful, I can watch in on my new toy.
    Nell

Comment

• I can't believe I missed the baby being born...and I also can't believe she went out and left the new borns!!

I need to see more pictures!!

She was sooooo beautiful.
      I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
        I have the talking books to listen to whilst sewing. He's little short of a genius in my opinion.
        No, he is NOT short of genius AT ALL!
        It isn't that he shows you the ridiculous in everyday life, He makes you see that you already knew how ridiculous it was, but weren't paying attention!

I love Sam Vimes, and the witches (all 5 of them); Rincewind is fun as well, but the character I am hoping he will develop (and surely this world needs him) is Harry King.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by nelliegemini View Post

I managed to catch 'Hogfather' on mainstream TV, but I would love to see a copy of "Colour of Magic", partially because I am also a huge fan of Anne McCaffrey's dragon books, and there is a hilarious p?ss take in the book, I would love to see it (still love the dragon books though, and perhaps TP is a fan, he must certainly have read them well to spoof so cleverly). If you could send it I would be pathetically grateful, I can watch in on my new toy.
          There are bits of evidence that he reads a lot all over the place. I suppose that is why some half-wit journalist suggested that UU was based on Hogwarts (no Sunshine, UU predates Hogwarts by several years). My first experience of Pratchett was Pyramids. I met someone who had bought almost the first paperback copy, and I've never looked back (except to read the earlier stories of course<g>).
          I'm hoping to get Nation for Christmas, and resisting the tmeptation to buy it before then.
          The TV version of Colour of Magic actually went on to include Light Fantastic (which is where the Pern-spoof comes isn't it?). They did change a few bits (annoyingly. They did that with Hogfather too, I suppose the program makers thing that is necessary.....) but on the whole it was rather well done.
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by nelliegemini View Post

PM me with your address and I will see what i can do then
            Vive Le Revolution!!!
            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

• Hi, only just got on to this again. Add another fan. Maskerade, and Lords and Ladies are two of my faves.
              As for characters, the witches, Vimes and Nobby, also Archchancellor Ridcully of Unseen University always crack me up. The Patrician always seems to get the best lines.

I have Colour of Magic that my Dad recorded onto DVD for me. Even my OH liked it
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

• *wonders if any more babies have started hatching*

Comment

• Me too! Its a long night shift tonight, with the clocks having just gone back.
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

• Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                    *wonders if any more babies have started hatching*
                    Oh yes, when I got back in last night there was cheeping coming from 2 eggs, and one has pipped this morning. I honestly don't know how any eggs left in the incubator have survived as the 2 new chicks have bashed, rolled and climbed on them.

Anyway chickie2 is doing well and has started eating and drinking with her big sister,the're much more content now there is 2 (soon to be 4)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by chicken slave; 26-10-2008, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Oh she's pretty!
                      Nell

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                        No, he is NOT short of genius AT ALL!
                        It isn't that he shows you the ridiculous in everyday life, He makes you see that you already knew how ridiculous it was, but weren't paying attention!

I love Sam Vimes, and the witches (all 5 of them); Rincewind is fun as well, but the character I am hoping he will develop (and surely this world needs him) is Harry King.
                        P*ss Harry, King of the Golden River - a gem!
                        Went to see Guards Guards when it was on about 14 years ago in Hull. Stage show with the bloke who played the eventual villain in Blake's Seven - anyone remember - Avon, I think his name was. He was Brilliant! Just that mixture of world-weary raddled-ness and genuine energy to do the right thing.

PS wonder how chickies are?
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Some photos of the girls
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                            There are bits of evidence that he reads a lot all over the place.
                            There's an "Empire" series by some American writer - name escapes me - there might even be 2 writers - things like "Daughter of the Empire" etc. He's definitely read these - Interesting Times is a brilliant take-off.

Comment

• Oh, they are BEYOND cute!

Comment

• awwwwwwww bless .... *wonders how long they will be allowed on the desk after one poops on the keyboard* they really are incredibly cute ..... happy birthday babies

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X