No announcement yet.

Fireworks already

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We totally ignore Rocket when he freaks over them, this is his 3rd bonfire night so I am hoping it wont be as bad as his 2nd, his first he was just a pup and didn't bother him at all, but collies can be so neurotic, I am sure they develop these things for the sheer hell of it, you should see him around power tools!, nearly lost his nose when I had the jigsaw on,he attacks them, have to lock him in the kitchen.
    and he HATES the extractor fan in the kitchen, and now has developed a problem with bacon sizzling under the grill.
    Last edited by BrideXIII; 16-10-2008, 09:32 PM.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Thanks guys, that CD sounds like a great idea. I will try and do that and play it in the garden but also think how to keep them in the house nearer the time, the Eglu won't fit through the door Just worried about next week now as we're away and won't be here to let them in if they get upset. The neighbours looking after them are the ones who let off the fireworks so I'll ask them to at least let them off around the front rather than the back if they're going to be having any next week. They have rabbits and dogs themselves so I don't know how they reacted.
      Last edited by Strepsy; 17-10-2008, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Fireworks should be banned except organised displays, I lost a foal when a thoughtless neighbour didn't inform me he was having a party once. Thankfully we have no near neighbours now so not really an issue but enjoy watching them in the distance. It's Joy's first year for them as well.
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

It's not helped by 5th November being a Wednesday, which means we'll get it the weekend before and the weekend after as well as the 5th. My girls will have only been out of the battery farm for 3 weeks when it starts. They get startled by next door's dog barking, and clearly didn't understand what was going on when rain started thumping down on the plastic roof of their run, so heaven knows how they're going to cope with this
          http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
            organised displays are fun, and safer too, I agree they should be banned for sale to the general public, the age restriction not only gets ignored, but sadly most of the 'morons' are over age anyway.

I do agree that it would be sad to lose the small local dispplays, but if they made it by license via the council or police, and made it easy enough to apply, as I would imagine they have to anyway for the public gathering, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
            IF they made it by license via the council or police, the license would still only be issued to those with the insurance, expensive training, etc. Local groups like the Scout troop or similar would never be able to afford all the hoops that they would be required to jump through.
            Yes it COULD be done in a viable manner, but I can't see any government doing it that way!
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X