incubator and eggs ... daily update

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incubator and eggs ... daily update

ok, eggs arrived safely, are now sat in the living room on their own little shelf, waiting to go into the incubator tomorrow, when they have rested from their journey.

the incubator also arrived safely ........ better get my brain round working it by tomorrow..... so tomorrow will be day 1 ..... i wouldn't expect too much updating cos ermmm they dont do anything for 21 days.

have also got a number of books and websites and stuff to tell me what to do so now we just have to wait and see.

anyway i'm awaiting a webcam, cos son has nicked mine, and i'm going to try and work out a way of adding a live action chicken cam to a website, so you can see the daily progress (anyone have any tips??) ...... if you're even slightly interested that is lol .... at the very least i'll be able to update you on each days progress with a video and photos of course ...... must get more than one set of rechargeable batteries for my camera too.

well that's it for tonight, the eggies are all snuggled up for the night, and waiting for their little journeys to begin ....... eggxciting innit

Just don't get them mixed up with breakfast bacon and eggs
    I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

lol, i've never had green eggs from asda

Comment

well nothing much to report ..... cleo thinks that an incubator is the warmest place in the world, and keeps sleeping on it ........ the eggs are all snug and warm ...... and absolutely nothing is happening ...... i keep talking to them though, so they know i'm their mummy

Comment

a lesson in patience?
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
            ...... i keep talking to them though, so they know i'm their mummy
            Just how soft are you????
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
              a lesson in patience?
              it's like being pregnant all over again ..... but without the sex or the whale like bum
              don't wanna be patient want them NOW

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Just how soft are you????
              i'm hard me ....... wait till i tell them off for not hatching quick enough

Comment

You're in for a long three weeks

Just you wait till day 20/21, the carpet will be threadbare with all the pacing

It's brilliant
                Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

I soooo hope they hatch!!

Fingers crossed for you!
                  I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

The book will tell you, DON'T keep opening the incubator to see how the eggs are doing, especially if they have only been in there for three days, but how difficult is it not to!!

Comment

i've been very good, turning them 3 times a day, the urge to keep looking has worn off a bit, cos i keep looking and they keep looking like eggs..... i have moved the incubator into robs bedroom, i found with having the fire on in here, and opening doors etc, the temperature fluctuated too much ...... just hoping i haven't killed them cos they were a bit too hot yesterday morning but fingers crossed only a few more days till i can candle them, and see if anythings happening.

Comment

Where's today's update Lynda? How many times have you had a peep at them?
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

i haven't been online cos my power supply died.. new one arrived this morning

still only looking three times a day

tried candling them last night, i think theres 2 that have definite somethings in them, but still a bit early to really see anything, and i had no laptop for comparison pictures lol

so you'll have to wait for a bit for some piccies till theres something (hopefully) to see.

Comment

well nothing happening yet but i got photos
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                              well nothing happening yet but i got photos
                              Watching paint dry springs to mind.

Maybe a webcam with time lapse photography (Oooh look, there's a fly just flew over the eggs...........rewind quick!)

Sorry Lynda, nice incy and nice eggs!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X