And then there were 11

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then there were 11

Ivy has joined Rose and Petunia in that big chicken home in the sky. She died this morning and I was with her. She was a lovely old girl, the scrawniest of the batch when I first got her but she blossommed into a beautiful well feathered lady, always friendly, and always showing off her lovely new feathers. Thanks for all the eggs you gave me poppet, I'll miss you xxx
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Oh Maureen Bless ya!!Really not what you need!I'm not great at finding the right words so...((((x))))&fairy hugs,Di,xx
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Oh, how sad. I know you had said she was a bit down recently. They really have a hard life before they are rescued. You can't undo what's been done but you can give them that precious gift of freedom, and of being treated as an individual She could scratch and feel the sun on her back and be loved - not experiences she'd ever have had without you. Sorry to hear it.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Poor little thing- she's lucky to have had you for her mum
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ah, sorry to hear that. At least she had a wonderful life with you for her last few years.

Comment

awwww sorry to hear that maureen ...... i guess the only comforting thoughts are that she died being a happy real chicken and not in some awful cage (((hugggss)))

Comment

Really sorry to hear about Ivy. At least you know she died a happy girl.

Comment

So sorry to hear your news but I think Flummery got it spot on. She had a very happy life with you.
                A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Really sorry to hear one of your fantastic girls has gone to the big chicken house in the sky. Take comfort in you gave her the best life she could ever of had.

Comment

So sorry to hear it, Maureen, I read what you wrote and am sitting at my desk with a big lump in my throat. Just echoing what everyone else said really, it's thanks to you she got to experience life at all. Big hug.
                    http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

So sorry to hear about little Ivy Maureen. At least you gave her a wonderful retirement!
                      I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks everybody for your wishes. It's been a real sh**ty month what with one thing and another. I'll be glad when October's finished and done with

Comment

so sorry to hear your news - be proud you gave her the gift of freedom - much love xx
                          How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

Sorry to hear about Ivy , Maureen!

The fellow two allotments away from me has just lost two chooks this week from the eight he had!
                            Seems strange that it's happened as we've had our first cold spell of the winter?
                            Luckily I haven't had to deal with a death in my chook family yet but it's bound to happen eventually. That's why, like you, I am doing a rolling replacement for when it does happen!

Kind thoughts and hugs from me!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              Sorry to hear about Ivy , Maureen!

The fellow two allotments away from me has just lost two chooks this week from the eight he had!
                              Seems strange that it's happened as we've had our first cold spell of the winter?
                              Luckily I haven't had to deal with a death in my chook family yet but it's bound to happen eventually. That's why, like you, I am doing a rolling replacement for when it does happen!

Kind thoughts and hugs from me!
                              thanks for that Snadger. Ivy had been a bit "off" for a few weeks and I'd warned my daughters who were looking after them for me that she might not make it, and not to be upset that they'd done anything wrong. They always gave her a bit of special attention and cuddles and luckily she did wait until I could be with her - bless Don't think it was the cold really, just possibly premature old age due to the hard work she'd been doing when she was a battery hen.
                              I've put all the chooks in 1 coop tonight so they can snuggle up and keep warmer Think I might join them - my bedroom's like an ice-box

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X