• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chook names...

and so...what are your girls called???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

The brown ones are..."the girls",the other 2 Dandelion & Marigold.
    DD however refers to them all as "Darlin"!!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I have 8 outside and 3 have names Yellow legs, Skitty and angel.

The 3 just hatched are incy, chickie2 and number 3.

The rest are called chooks

Comment

breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper and xmas ........ though these may get changed when they hatch, unless they are all boys, then the names remain

Comment

Delia, Nigella, Rachel and Mrs Beeton....

Runner ducks are Francis and Mary, and our Khaki girls haven't got names yet

Comment

Some have names... some don't!

Roosters: Rene (Maran), Wally (white Scots Dumpy), Di (short for Hen-Diawl, Anglo-Welsh for devil hen... ) and a little boy Minorca called Pablo
            Hens: Jody and Jordan (Silver Grey Dorkings), Penny (a Barred Plymouth Rock, named after Pennsylvania where the pilgrims landed), Aggy and Frida (Scots Dumpies), Honey (bantam partridge Wyandotte) and I don't have names for my Minorca hens yet...

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I'm thinking up a few- sort of traditional names like Flo, Dolly and Mabel etc- probably because I've spent too long reading Census details of old!!!

I should try for some tongue-twisters for the French really!
              Our cat's called Hewi.....you should hear them trying to say that one!!!

Comment

Lavender Araucanan is called Gertrude, barred plymouth hybrid called Edma (although if she keeps beating up the banties she may not last much longer), a buff orpie hybrid called Mabel, a black D'Uccle called Florence and a mottled barbu D'Anver called Petunia. Florence is my fave because she loves cuddles!

Comment

We have Molly, Polly and Dolly, named by the kids
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

All flowers/plants here Hyacinth, Hazel, Poppy, Myrtle, Daisy, Iris, Pansy, Bluebell, Marigold and Honeysuckle. ooooooooooooops missed one!! Violet, now how could I possible miss her out!!! Dearly departeds were Rose, Petunia and Ivy.
                    Still some more flowers to pick from for when I get some more Lavender, Buttercup, Clematis ............................. me mind's gone blank now!!!
                    Last edited by MaureenHall; 28-10-2008, 11:53 AM. Reason: missed one!
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Okay, I know I don't get my Buff Orpington ladies til next year, but they will be *wait for it*...

Jane (Miss Marple), Hetty (Wainthrop) and Miss Lemon (Poirot's secretary).

(Ps, can't wait to find out if Snager's named his!!)
                      Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 28-10-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Right....I've got a list!!

Clara; Bertha; Betty; Beryl; Daisy; Dotty; Dolly; Enid; Ethel; Elsie; Flo; Gertie; Lily; Mabel; Mavis; Maggie; Maisey; Molly; Polly.

Cripes....thank goodness I'm not having to think up a child's name

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                          Okay, I know I don't get my Buff Orpington ladies til next year, but they will be *wait for it*...

Jane (Miss Marple), Hetty (Wainthrop) and Miss Lemon (Poirot's secretary).

(Ps, can't wait to find out if Snager's named his!!)
                          If you need some American names you might like to consider

Kay (Scarpetta) or Kinsey (Millhone)...... Possibly Amelia (Sachs, Lincoln Rhyme's assistant)
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                            If you need some American names you might like to consider

Kay (Scarpetta) or Kinsey (Millhone)...... Possibly Amelia (Sachs, Lincoln Rhyme's assistant)
                            LOL! Ah but I do like my english lady sleuths
                            Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 29-10-2008, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Right....I've got a list!!

Clara; Bertha; Betty; Beryl; Daisy; Dotty; Dolly; Enid; Ethel; Elsie; Flo; Gertie; Lily; Mabel; Mavis; Maggie; Maisey; Molly; Polly.

Cripes....thank goodness I'm not having to think up a child's name
                              I note 19 names & you're only up to the letter "P"!!...So how many are you planning on getting???
                              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X