Badly bruised leg

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badly bruised leg

I rescued my four ex-bats just over a fortnight ago, and three of them are doing fine. Then there's Lady Tottington, or Totty for short.

She arrived with a limp, it got better for a while, but over the last couple of days it's got much, much worse, the poor thing isn't putting any weight on it at all now. I'm fairly sure it's just badly bruised from being pushed off the ramp by the others, there's no obvious cut or anything. She's bottom of the pecking order, has hardly any feathers, her comb is still floppy and she sits on her own away from the other three, generally not having a good time. She is eating, so that's a good sign.

I don't suppose there's much I can do except hope for the best and put extra food in front of her when she settles in a corner of the run away from the others?
    http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Arnica cream is good for bruising - in people and hens. You can get it at the chemist - probably even the supermarket. As long as she's eating she'll do ok - but you like to see them integrating don't you?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Oh dear, poor Totty. It's not broken is it? Ex-batts often suffer with osteoporosis and that can sometimes contribute to spontaneous fractures. Maybe a little extra calcium in her food? Hope she's ok though and it's just a sore bruise
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X