Chicken wrestling!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken wrestling!

Posted a dilemma on a chook forum about my 15 week old chooks not going indoors as it's suppposed to get to minus 3 tonight!

They suggested I get down to the allotment straight away and lock them in the coop.

Got to the allotments when it was dark (cripes its creepy down there at night) anyway tried to put the chooks through the pophole by torchlight.
    They squawked (who said they were serene at night?) flapped and made enough noise that the neighbours would think I was strangling them (must admit I was nearly ready too!)
    Anyway after wrestling with one and getting it through the pophole the damm thing escaped as i was putting another in..........and so it went on, one in.....one out.......one in.........one out Aaaargh!
    Finally got all four in and jammed a bucket against the pophole......whereupon they all climbed over the top one by one and over me.......double Aaaaargh!!!!
    All in again bucket jammed against pophole with handle acting as an extra bar. Success, all in for the night!
    They may be able to work out how to get out when it gets light but even if they don't they have less chance of starving to death than freezing to death now!

Chooks..........who'd have em?............... (me I suppose!)
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

You got to show them who's boss!!! I told mine when they first arrived that once it got dark, they had to go in the coop to bed or Mr Big Bad Fox might pay a visit! On the odd occasion when 1 has been waiting for a goodnight cuddle, I just pick her up, chuckbokchuck to her and pop her on the perch. Sorted!! Think you'll have to stay at the lottie till after 5 for the next few nights so they get the message
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

and was this all in a slippery(rather smelly)run???We have great fun catching the last couple of stop~outs!!(Although,touch wood,they've actually all been really good of late & getting themselves to bed!!Otherwise we usually send the kids in to do the dirty work!)
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

i'm not giggling ....... really i'm not

Comment

I am!
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Audrey & Dolly both roost outside & regularly come down with frost on their backs - they don't appear to have suffered for it - however they are older & not babes. But if they don;t want to be indoors then there's not much you can do, as you will have the same senario every night!
            How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

he he - you should film it and send it in to you've been framed or something and make a few quid out of it. SOunds hilarious! lol!
              I'm so glad all mine put themselves to bed.
              Best love

Steelsy
              xxx

www.myspace.com/steelsy

Comment

I nearly had a little wee!

Brilliant, thanks dude.

I think there's a future in "chicken wrestling" though, really I do. Any Giant Haystacks involved?

"And now, entereing the ring...."
                Last edited by HeyWayne; 29-10-2008, 08:25 AM.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

"Big Daddy aaaaaand... in the other corner Rooooooster Boooooooster" Ding Ding

Snadger perhaps you should sell tickets
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Just an update. It appears my chicken wrestling savesd the day and they all seem to be fine. They had kicked the bucket (well you know what I mean!) out from in front of the pophole and it had landed in there normal evening roosting place in the pen........so I left it there so they will have to go into the coop as there are no more dark corners for them outside!

Saturday they join the 'old girls' in the main pen........that should be fun!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      Just an update. It appears my chicken wrestling savesd the day and they all seem to be fine. They had kicked the bucket (well you know what I mean!) out from in front of the pophole and it had landed in there normal evening roosting place in the pen........so I left it there so they will have to go into the coop as there are no more dark corners for them outside!

Saturday they join the 'old girls' in the main pen........that should be fun!
                      I'll be sure to look out for you on YouTube!
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X