No announcement yet.

Killing chickens at home .........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too bloody right - they should be very wary!!!!
    Best love

Steelsy
    xxx

www.myspace.com/steelsy

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
      if theres a dead wild animal/bird in the road, you can pick it up and eat it, however, if you run it over yourself, you can't pick it up you have to leave it ..... something to do with stopping you running down birds and stuff on purpose, so you can eat it ....... or something like that
      Oh I knew that one! If you kill it (however accidentally) taking the corpse home counts as 'poaching'.
      I thought it was something closer to what was being said about not being able to feed the family!

IF the ruling as originally mentioned REALLY exists, I wouldn't blame the EU (much as I dislike them). They may have made the original ruling, but the Westminster Gasworks are well able to turn a half-page from Brussels into a 20,000 word essay, and end up making all kinds of restrictions the original version never had.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
        I am absolutely sick and fed up with the EEC or whoever telling us what we can and can't do!! I still have to get over seeing my dad killing Henrietta (my fave chicken kept in the back garden when I was little - I went veggie for about a week) but I really do think that we all should be able to grow our own fruit and vegetables and if we have the space our own chickens, eggs, sheep etc. OK I'm turning into a grumpy old woman but I do often long to go back to the days when you just got on with it without beurocrats interfering.
        Totally with you there rustylady. I for one will be just getting on with it.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

we'll just be getting on with it as well, I hate the way we get told what we can and can't do in our own homes!
          Best love

Steelsy
          xxx

www.myspace.com/steelsy

Comment

It's also illegal to feed your chickens kitchen scraps, totally ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
              That's why I cook the food for the chooks and I have the leftovers Too much mashed potato made for them means I can have a cottage pie instead of just mince!!
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                It's amazing the amount of times I visit the chickens where they jump up and knock my dinner out of my hand! Well what am I to do I ask you!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

you have VERY norty chickens snadger

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                    you have VERY norty chickens snadger
                    Regularily!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I know, I often slip on the deck when I happen to be eating my dinner outside, and it always seems to land in their run!

Comment

Ok.....

At the end of the day, what I do is what I do.

I don't give 2 **** about what anyone else says. I have had birds for meat and I have given them away to friends :-)

The idea of all this allotment and small holding stuff is to produce food that you, your family and friends can enjoy.

What are they going to do next? Put limits on how we cut up and peel carrots and spuds? Moderate how much manure we put in a trench? Watch over our shoulders as we sow parsnip seeds?

All I can say is do what you want and enjoy it. If someones got a problem....Tuff!
                        All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                        For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Wellll..
                          I was of the understanding that you can kill your own chickens and rabbits and eat yourself.
                          Pigs have to be licenced due to foot and mouth.
                          If we are talking about slaughtering the awful way livestock is killed is appalling !! gouging out eyes of horses! walking live animals over dead ones ect ect ect ! they need to get their own houses in order before they even look our way !!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X