No announcement yet.

Lucky horeshoe in henhouse...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i could send you tuesdays knickers ...... i haven't worn them this week (apparently) ..... i keep losing and gaining days

Comment

If it is at knee height, a floor-standing nestbox would fit below it, or use it as the support for one end of a perch, or.........
      I'm sure you can build round it if you try.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Having checked the thread title again - what's so lucky about a whore's shoe anyway??
        Tx

Comment

I think they'll ignore it. After all, in the wild they nest in trees and no-one checks there aren't any sticky-out bits.
          Know why it's in a C shape? Cause if the prongs are pointing down, the luck will run out and if they are pointing up the devil will sit on the prongs. So you hang it up on a C shape. Then your chooks knock 'emselves out on it. (I lied about the last bit!)
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            I think they'll ignore it. After all, in the wild they nest in trees and no-one checks there aren't any sticky-out bits.
            Know why it's in a C shape? Cause if the prongs are pointing down, the luck will run out and if they are pointing up the devil will sit on the prongs. So you hang it up on a C shape. Then your chooks knock 'emselves out on it. (I lied about the last bit!)
            Glad you told me that Flum......I knew about the luck but I didn't know about the devil! I was going to nail a horseshoe I found onto the door facing upwards.........but I'm not giving the Devil something to perch on...........a Cee shape it will be then.
            btw I told the old farm foreman about finding the big shire's horshoe on the field and he said if you'd dug a bit deeper you'd have probably found the horse!
            Apparently when one of those big auld buggers snuffed it, they buried it where it fell cos they then had nowt to move it with!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by tootles View Post
              Having checked the thread title again - what's so lucky about a whore's shoe anyway??
              red stilettos???..ask the boys

* MUST learn to spell check before posting!!!!!*
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                btw I told the old farm foreman about finding the big shire's horshoe on the field and he said if you'd dug a bit deeper you'd have probably found the horse!
                Apparently when one of those big auld buggers snuffed it, they buried it where it fell cos they then had nowt to move it with!
                Feet up then???...strangely I can visualise that!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Local rumour has it that the field at the end of the village - which is a bit lumpy - contains the buried corpses of the cattle that died in a foot-and-mouth epidemic about 40 years ago.

You'd have thought they'd have eaten the horse though?
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                    Local rumour has it that the field at the end of the village - which is a bit lumpy - contains the buried corpses of the cattle that died in a foot-and-mouth epidemic about 40 years ago.

You'd have thought they'd have eaten the horse though?
                    Only fools eat horses! (catchy name for a comedy sit com that????)
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X