A HUGE thankyou to Roitelet!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A HUGE thankyou to Roitelet!!!!!

Just got home from a fantastic day with Roitelet and wanted to say what lovely peeps you are....lovely company, lovely nosh and drinkies....lovely house..AND ......We've just tucked up for the night the 6 latest members to our family....yep - we are now the proud owners of 6 chooks courtesy of Roitelet!!!!
    We don't want to head off to bed either....much more fun than watching TV!!!

Can't wait for morning ......

* all excited now !!*
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Congratulations on your new "family". I think they will be amongst the best cared for chooks en France. Not counting Roitelet's of course
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Forgot to say in all my excitement that Roitelet' s garden- both flowers and potager are very impressive....as are her carpentry skills....clever lass!!!

( well someone should blow her trumpet-'cos she deserves it!!)

Comment

Piccies please!!!

Congrats on the new girls - I'm sure you'll have many a happy hour chicken watching!!!
        I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wonderful news, hope you get as much enjoyment out of your new girls as I get from mine
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

OOooh Nicos..Enjoy your girls!!Did you wittle the name list down to 6?Sorry not been about much over the w/e if you did tell us??
            & what a lovely day/deed from M(r)s Roitelet!!x~forget the chook pics(although they'd be good),but you've now got me all nosey about the potager & carpentry skills!!!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Another grape who'll say " Why ever have I waited til now to keep chooks, I should have done it years ago!"

Congratulations on your new arrivals and happy chook watching!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

There's a Grape here who is thinking "how can I sneak some bantams into the garden without Mr Sheds noticing"

Glad you had a great time, enjoy your poulets - or is it poules?
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Me too, i really want to rescue a couple of bantams but my oH has said let the girls settle first....:-(

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    There's a Grape here who is thinking "how can I sneak some bantams into the garden without Mr Sheds noticing"

Glad you had a great time, enjoy your poulets - or is it poules?
                    They do have a wonderful capacity for not noticing the garden - especially when you want a few jobs doing!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Congrats! Hope you are enjoying them being out and about today!

Comment

Hopefully here are some photos of the new arrivals !
                        Attached Files

Comment

What is the one in the second photo? She is beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                            What is the one in the second photo? She is beautiful!
                            Mmmm...To be sure I think Roitelet should answer that one

I think she's a Cayenne cross.

Actually I have to admit too that my OH has posted the photos having given up 'helping ' me do it!!! Bless him...talk about patient!!

He's just gone back off to work...so guess where I'm off to in a minute??
                            They're eating out of our hands and letting us stroke them and they gently natter whilst being stroked!

Not quite what we'll be having for supper tonight- I've peeled spuds and cauli- and have cooked the peelings for the chooks tomorrow.So it looks like we need to eat the 'left over' bit of the veg!

As the chooks are staying indoors for a few days we've given them some wet leaves to scratch around in , also sprinkled a few pellets on a shelf (mixed into some shavings ) to hunt around in, some cauli leaves and some oyster shells to peck at (aswell as their food and water). Going to put some sand in Neo's littertray so they can mess about in that too.
                            One got out as we opened the door this lunchtime,suddenly stopped and rushed back to join her mates. Good gal

Comment

I am soooo jealous *stomps feet*
                              Tammy x x x x
                              Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X