A HUGE thankyou to Roitelet!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shhh....you'll frighten the gals!

Have to say they're in fantastic condition- their feathers are shiny and silky
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      There's a Grape here who is thinking "how can I sneak some bantams into the garden without Mr Sheds noticing"

Glad you had a great time, enjoy your poulets - or is it poules?
      dress them up as guinea pigs??

Comment

awwwwwww they are gorgeous ... they look very happy ..... you never know, they might lay you an egg, so you can share that for tea

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
          dress them up as guinea pigs??
          HA HA - ROTFL!!!

ooops - shhhhh!
          Tammy x x x x
          Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Just being checking that they're still there!

One is about to lay...we've even bought a special egg to leave in one of the nesting boxes so they're encouraged to lay in that spot.

Can't wait!!!

Give your little ones a tickle under their chins from me ( well....roughly where you think their chins are!!)
            Last edited by Nicos; 03-11-2008, 12:44 PM.

Comment

They're a bit gorgeous ain't they?!...should they all be laying yet?That 1st egg is so exciting!.....it's when you start getting 12 a day!!!I should really be in the kitchen baking lots of cakes!~my sis wants loads to pickle....as long as she doesn't give them back as chrimble pressie!
              I shall give mine a tickle in the morning!
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

i just tickled mine ..... was a bit hard to find their chins though

Comment

OK- so I've no self-control

I've made a mash for tomorrow morning, and then promptly went and gave them half of it!!!!

So...if there is any left- do I keep it for the morning and add the rest to it- or should I compost it?? Spud peelings, cauli stem,oats and veg water ( no salt).
                  I'm just not sure how much they should have and don't want to over feed them .
                  Is 1 rounded tablespoon each roughly right- or more???
                  One of them has been standing in the bowl pecking away the others, then walking in the shavings and now looks like she's wearing massive snow shoes

(I'll remove all feed overnight whilst they are in all day)

worry-worry -worry....

Comment

Ok- problem over..it's all gone! Just hope I didn't give them too much now!
                    Must enjoy my cooking skills

( mind you- when I gave them the tray of sand to bathe in- they started eating that too)

Comment

lol, i'm sure they will be fine .... at least they didn't turn their noses up at it and walk off

Comment

They are all gorgeous - whatever breed they are.
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Lovely to meet you both yesterday!!

Number 2 is a Cayenne cross so bigger than an ordinary Cayenne which is a bantam but not full chicken size.

As far as feeding goes I give them about a heaped table spoon of mash each and if it is dry pellets I gave them large Creme Fraiche pot full between 9. The young birds will eat a lot the only thing to beware of is to give them too much maize which will make them very fat and then they will not lay. You will soon get to know how much to feed them as they won't eat it all. If they eat all their dinner I give them pudding, 2 or 3 handfulls of maize, about an hour before bedtime.

Don't worry about them eating sand I give mine wood ash to bath in in the winter and they eat that.

Enjoy them they are great fun and I am sure that that they will be very happy in their Chicken Palace.
                          Last edited by roitelet; 03-11-2008, 04:03 PM.
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Gorgeous little chooks - lucky you (green with envy now)
                            Cheers

T-lady

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X