13 out of 12!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 out of 12!!!

Well...we've been expecting egg production to slowly decrease what with the weather & lack of daylight hours,but for the last 4 weeks our girls have continued to all lay daily(12)....imagine my surprise today when I found 13!!!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Wow! that's amazing! Well done the one who had twins
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

You lucky devil - ours haven't started laying yet...which tells me they're going to wait until Spring!! It breaks my heart...I hate buying eggs knowing that my little lovlies can produce some 100 times better than the supermarket ones!!
      I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

How old are yours Bephlam? At least 1 of my 22 - 23 week olds has just started laying
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Well - they were between 14-16 weeks old when we got them (all ran together, so couldn't quite tell who was who!!)....we've had them a month on Friday, so they're at least 18 weeks....but could be 20. I'm pretty sure Gwendolyn is older, as she's HUGE and her comb is really quite red now - Euphemia is close behind her, but poor little Henrietta is still very very pale! They're all crouching when you touch them....so they're getting to the right frame of mind, at least.

I hope they do lay a wee sneaky one or two this year, but only because I'm eggcited...not because they need to...they're great fun & a wonderful addition to our family, so the egg is just a little something extra!!
          I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fingers crossed for you Bephlam!!I know it's not the be all & end all....but is a very welcomed additional bonus!!
            Won't know 'til Andi's home how ours have done today.....there were 3 when I went to let them out at 7:00,but not expecting quite so much of them today,or at least from one of them!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X